From fresh slices, to grilled, to relishes and salsas, to juice and sweet desserts, these gems are so versatile in cooking and baking.
Here’s a simple, very tasty dessert that features peaches and blueberries. I hope you’ll try and enjoy!
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened peach slices (thawed and drained)
- 1 ½ tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries (thawed)
- 4 gingersnaps, crushed into ¼- to ½-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/8 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss together peach slices, brown sugar, flour and ginger. Add blueberries and 1/8 cup water; toss to combine. Spoon fruit mixture into 2-quart square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cookies, oats and if desired, pecans. Stir in butter. Sprinkle over partially baked fruit.
- Bake another 15 to 20 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
Per ½ cup serving: 153 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated), 8mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 29g carbs, 3g fiber, 2g protein