And if you’re imbibing the vino with dinner, look for a lovely sauvignon blanc.
Not a fish fan? No problem! Just substitute chicken for the salmon and cook a bit longer.
Be sure to add a little water to the bottom of of the pan when cooking (it’s my secret for really moist chicken!).
Serves: 4, prep time: 5 minutes, cook time: 12 minutes
- 3/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup broccoli florets, stems trimmed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 4 salmon fillets (3- 4-oz)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place pistachios in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Add garlic, broccoli, basil, olive oil, pine nuts and 1 tsp water to food processor and pulse until consistency is of a thick, chunky puree. Add more water if necessary.
- Put salmon fillets on prepared baking sheet, skin side down. Use a spatula to evenly distribute the pesto over the fillets and top each with a quarter of the crushed pistachios. Bake for 10 minutes to 12 minutes, or until salmon is just pink.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place each piece of salmon on its own plate. Serve immediately with the grain or side of your choice.
Per serving: 333 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated), 8g carbs, 23g protein, 2g fiber, 61mg calcium, 2mg iron, 43mg sodium