I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But sometimes, we get into a rut, eating the same things over and over again. So, here’s a little something new to add to your repertoire that’s really healthy and really easy to make.
P.S. All you quinoa addicts out there, you’ll love this!
- 1 cup almond milk (organic if you have access to it)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic quinoa (rinsed); red, or white/buff colored
- 2 cups fresh blackberries, organic preferred (or blueberries)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or almonds, toasted*
- Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in blackberries and cinnamon; transfer to four bowls and top with pecans.
- *While the quinoa cooks, roast the pecans or almond in a 350F degree toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes.