Stuffed chicken breasts are not only great for you, but they look pretty on the plate too (note that this photo isn’t an exact match to what you’re going to prepare).
Just looking at the ingredients, you can imagine the fresh flavors of the lemon, rosemary and arugula and the tanginess of the low-fat cheese.
So, go on. Get a little fancy with the food prep. Enjoy!
From Clean Eating Magazine
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 wedges low-fat Laughing Cow cheese
- 3 oz fire roasted red peppers, drained
- 1-2 cups arugula
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground papper
- Combine oil, rosemary and lemon zest in a shallow dish. Place chicken breasts in the dish, turning to coat each one. Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, and grill until just cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes each side. If baking (not grilling), preheat oven to 350. Put 1/8 inch water in bottom of pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Slice each chicken breast in half; don’t cut all the way through. Spread the cheese inside each breast and stuff with roasted peppers and arugula. Serve with brown rice or quinoa or a colorful salad.
Per serving: Calories 280, total fat 14g, saturated fat 3g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 85g, sodium 500mg, carbs 2g, fiber 1g, sugar 1g, protein 34g, iron 3mg