But if you’re interested in a delicious, quick and easy healthy meal, look no further.
This one is bursting with citrus flavor and loaded with veggies, so you can get closer to your 5-6 servings per day.
And at just 361 calories a serving, it’s a winner!
From Fitness Magazine
Makes 4 servings, prep time: 5 minutes, total time: 30 minutes
- 2 navel oranges, halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 ½-in pieces
- 3 small parsnips, peeled and cut into 1 ½-in pieces
- 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chapped tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut three orange halves into ¼-inch-thick slices and place on a rimmed baking sheet with carrots, parsnips and chicken. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and toss to coat. Rub chicken with coriander and arrange in a single layer, surrounded by oranges and vegetables; season with ½ tsp each of salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender—about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, juice remaining orange half into a large bowl and whisk with mustard and remaining oil; salt and pepper. Add greens to bowl and toss to coat.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Drizzle honey over vegetables and sprinkle with tarragon; stir to combine. Slice chicken breasts and serve with salad and vegetables.
Per serving: 361 calories, 38g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 11g fat (1.9g saturated), 5g fiber, 855mg sodium.